Oct 2, 2018

General update on things

1. in my previous blog post, i talked about my personal problems. since a few people cared, here's what happened since then:

i did drop out finally - it was mid june. i instantly felt better, knowing i won't have to needlessly work if the conclusion was already known - i would be doomed. it was better to quit myself early rather than waste hours studying what i hated and fail anyway because there was just too much shit and i was already in deep shit. shortly after, i began searching for a new school. i found myself in a private university - where i signed up for IT with game development specialty. that specialty was a new thing. very new - when i came to register it was only 2 days since it's announcement. i was one of the firsts. i was probably very lucky that day. and granted - it fits my interests perfectly. i can only hope things turn out better there.
sadly, the situation did not look as good at home. initially - my parents were on board with me leaving and searching for something i actually liked. it was visibly out of fear that i could've done something to myself - however now that they've seen the situation normalized, they dropped their facade. i have been disowned. i won't be getting any moral or financial support for this college, as i've been getting for the previous one. it is quite ironic - i finally get to do what i want but they don't approve. that's ok tho - kinda used to being treated like shit anyway. the recent events will have a bearing on the new commission batch, which will begin shortly.


2. commissions have been closed, although not for long. i have to add a back button to the commission form - a frequently requested feature. other than that, the prices will be slightly lowered. the second commission batch was just as big of a success as the first one, although the number of people commissioning considerably dropped. probably two factors - the drop of people interested and the bigger prices. i can't affect the first one directly, so i'll try to by directly affecting the second one. i'm not entirely sure yet what the prices will be, but expect a general 10$ price reduction.

why is this happening? because of my situation underlined in point 1 of this update. i need to pay a monthly fee of 110$ to attend the college. my parents won't be giving me that kind of support and i will need to fund it myself. the melolignia2 fund counter will be replaced by a counter where i monthly subtract 110$ from my account. currently - the situation is not as urgent - i have the money to pay 3 next months.

the new commission batch's aim will be to expand my horizons. i saw a concerning lack of new people interested - that's why the word needs to be spread. i'll be trying to advertise myself somewhere where people would specifically look for having their music done. drastic situation brings drastic measures.


3. finally - melolignia2. it has been funded and the album's completion rate has skyrocketed ever since. all the 20 track arts are fully paid for (the ones that had to be) and are being worked on actively by artists. the music is also being made by all the returning artists, as well as new ones. as much as good this sounds - the progress might still not be fast enough to reach the deadline of halloween. i will still officially hold that the album will be published on halloween - but the delay is very much possible. at worst, it will be released this year and not the next.

... melolignia2 is a huge emotional toll. our team now consists of 33 people! having to manage this many people makes me realize that i never, ever wanna make a project like this again. i am not a fit leader and it always hurt me to rush and remind people of making something, because i put myself in their position - as a person who also worked on projects where i was under the influence of some leader. inside, i feel like i keep bothering people and they don't appreciate that. however, i realize i have to do that to keep the progress going and have the project made. because of my inner consideration of people i'm working with, this will be the last project ever where i'm a leader of something. i've experienced that this job is for someone who will not feel remorse in keeping people in check, despite their feelings with the project or their situation. a fellow musician rushing other musicians to do the job... you can't truly make something good without the inspiration - and forcing it onto others is very difficult when i myself know very well you can't just make something good with a snap of your fingers.

melolignia albums will not end. after the sequel, there will be short spinoff albums, something more akin to what the first album was like, although it will be solo artist. either me - or someone else if they want to. 2 years ago when i started the album, i told myself it is my last big project because of how ambitious it would be. i wasn't fully aware of it back then and hoped i would still do stuff like this. today, i've fully realized that this is in fact my last big project like this. ever. until something convinces me otherwise. very unlikely.

the music by all the artists is awesome and so is all the art - i can't believe how many talented artists i managed to get on board! the quality of all of it really spits in the face of my shitty, oh so shitty artwork from the first album. stay tuned - halloween 2018. probably.

2 comments:

  1. I doubt you'll read this, but I hope everything works out for you, your music's great <3
    follow your passion no matter what! you got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. comments on my blog are a rarity but i do check em from time to time. thanks

      Delete